Saturday, January 25, 2014

January 25, 2014


Buenas tardes,
  This week was pretty crazy because we're getting ready for transfers this Wednesday--with sad and unexpected news.  Due to some complications with his company in the States, President Newsome and his family will have to return to live there.

  I feel strange.  I expected to have one mission president when I came here.  Now I'll have three.  It will be a hard transition here in the offices after being so close to President for this change (or several changes for some of these guys).

  The good news?  Lucía will be baptized on the 18th of February!!  All of our prayers and efforts on her behalf will be happily answered rewarded.  The not-quite-so-good news?  The stake is reorganizing ward boundaries, and we probably won't be in Carrasco any more to see her through to the ordinance personally.  But the fact that she will become a member of the Church and move one step closer to her salvation already mean so much to me--it would be selfish of me to expect more from the Lord than to have participated in such a spiritually significant process of change for her and for us.

  Next transfer I'll be the office "travel agent"--in charge of flights for new and returning missionaries, visits from the Area Offices, et cetera.  It will be fun and new (not quite as routine as references, mail, and baptismal records this transfer) but I still feel sad to not have as much time as I would like to work in missionary efforts on the streets.  But I know that Heavenly Father is teaching me to improvise and think quickly and make decisions and be patient and be patient again here in the offices.  I will see the reasons why later on--for now, all I can expect is to act with faith.

I love you all,
Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment