Monday, January 6, 2014

January 4, 2014

This was a great week!

New Years was at once a blast of an exciting night and a moment for deep spiritual reflection.  I came to realize that I have a great deal to improve and that here on the mission I've achieved considerable personal growth.  My studies, for example, are infinitely more meaningful than they were a year ago-- I have analyzed how I learn and organized my scripture marking system accordingly, use a journal to record and review revelation, and study according to needs (my own and those of others); each of those new habits has opened up a conduit for communication with Heaven.  I also notice that I'm much more of a self-starter, a decision-maker, and a problem-solver than ever before, though there's still a long way to go in each of those senses too.  And I'm happier.
But I think I haven't been taking as full advantage of my service as I should have been doing.  I can use this time to get into physical shape, learn to better manage time and resources, and further deepen my testimony of and conversion to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  When the city lit up in beautiful lights and appeared to be on fire as the New Year was born, I wanted a change that dramatic and colorful to come over my own life.  I've committed to my Heavenly Father that I will make specific changes over the course of the next twelve months with the help of goals and plans.  I'm excited!

I hope the Lord will enter into each of your lives anew as 2014 yields many new opportunities, and hardships, and joys.  We must pass through all of them but ours is the decision of what we will learn and how we will grow from them.
Love,
Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment